Monday, March 13, 2006

Parenting 101: Snacks...

Every kid loves to snack. Jonah must ask for snacks 20 times throughout the day. At least on the weekends... If it's a half hour before lunch of dinner time we generally say "No". Followed by incessant whining and repeating of the mantra, "I'm starving!"

I'm pretty sure I said that at his age as well, but I don't fall for it any more than my parents did. If we are feeling especially generous we'll give him a choice of grapes, banana or raisins. All of these he normal wants in abundance, suddenly become the worst thing he's ever tasted.

"Can I have a popsicle?"

"No, you can have some grapes."

"I Don't want grapes!"

I don't want to be so darned good looking but I have to live with it, so can you..." He never finds this comment funny... Neither does Holly....

"Can I have some yogurt?" This is the Trix variety which tastes more like ice-cream than like the yogurt I grew up on. I will sometimes fold on this one, but...

"How about some raisins?" I ask.

"I hate raisins!"

"Then you must not be very hungry..."

"Mom?"

"Don't bother, she's going to give you the same answers as I am..."

"AWWWW!" The sound of stomping feet, and flopping down on the couch to watch more mind numbing cartoons.


More Parenting 101!
Parenting 101: Quick List

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you caught the pilot for Big Love on HBO, a show about old school mormons out in utah. It was pretty addictive, to see how the husband dealt with three wives and 7 kids - I know what you are thiking Gibbs - the 3 wives thing is every mans dream - and was for about the first 10 minutes of this show - then it was normal freakshow wife issues times 3.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.