Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Parenting 101: Dinnertime Fun

Little boys love to think about eating gross things...



Generally we use dinosaur references for Jonah. He's getting a little old to fall for it now, but if we catch him in the right mood it can be pretty fun...

It reminds me of the cruel joke I tried to play on my niece one Easter a long time ago. We were all getting ready to eat dinner. Abby was playing with olives at the end of her fingers. It's a cute thing that I recall doing as well... So I said to her.

"Oh, I see you found the bunny eyes..."

I got a pretty strange look from Abby as she asked, "What?"

Pointing to her fingers, I said again, "The bunny eyes, you found them!" She didn't believe me...

"Dad," says pointing her black olive tipped fingers at my brother, "Uncle Matt says these are bunny eyes."

My brother, never missing a chance to mess with his daughter went along with the trick. But of course our mother, who was still slaving away in the kitchen told us to knock it off.

Abby never really fell for it, but it's still a funny story to revisit during family gatherings.

"Pass the Bunny Eyes please."

No comments: