Friday, March 03, 2006

Spirits Part 2

My Mom and her friend Bev used to have the best luck with getting the Ouija Board to work. They would have the planchette slide around the board very quickly. So quickly in fact that either my Dad or Bev’s husband would have to write down the answers because the speed was too quick for mom or Bev to read it.

They would ask it silly questions like how may coins were in my Dad’s pocket. My Dad didn’t even know how many coins he had in his pocket, but the Ouija board had the correct answer.

They would then ask how many ice cubes were in the freezer. Who the hell counts their ice cubes?

The Ouija answered correctly here as well.

In 1969 they were playing with the Ouija board and asked about the health of Bev’s baby who was due the coming February. It replied that the baby would be ok, but would have a pronounced birthmark. This concerned them a little but only enough to be disturbed by it.

The following February Bev had a baby girl with a large birthmark covering most of her left arm from forearm past her elbow and nearly to her shoulder.

The most disturbing situation came when Bev asked if her husband, an avid game hunter, would be getting his Moose on his upcoming hunting trip. The reply shocked all of them and I believe that this was the final time they used the board.

The answer was Yes, if it doesn’t get him first. I don’t know exactly the wording of what followed as I was not yet born, but from descriptions from my parents it went on to say that nature does not need the likes of you. Apparently this spirit was not fond of hunting wild game.

I’m not saying that I believe that the Ouija Board is controlled by spirits. I have no idea what makes them say what they say. I haven’t used one in a very long time, but I’m still curious as to what makes them tick…

Anyone else have experience with these things? Or have any spooky stories of their own? I know my friends Pete and Autumn have a number of stories that they could share. Please feel free to post some if you get the chance guys. I’d like to hear them again and I’m sure others would be interested as well…

Till later…


No comments: