Thursday, March 30, 2006

Parenting 101: Starting a Club

Jonah recently came home from school very excited. He and his friends were starting their own club. He was very excited to be making plans and figuring out cool things that the club was going to do.

Again, refelcting on my own childhood, I recall myself doing the same kind of things when I was a kid. My friends and I built forts and planned clubs and had secret codes to get into the cool forts we would build. Our best fort that we ever made was made from old logs and some old plywood that we had ripped apart from our old deck. The logs made perfect walls, and the plywood was the perfect roof.

Ah... to be able to go back to the innocence of childhood... We couldn't wait to grow up and be independent. What were we thinking?

No comments: