Thursday, April 27, 2006

Parenting 101: Only the facts...

Jonah is very smart. I try to fool him every now and then with something silly and funny. Most of the time he sees right through me and calls me out on it. If Holly hears me trying to mess with him, much like Calvin's Mom, she puts a quick end to it.

Now I don't do it to be mean or try to make the kid less intelligent, because I know he's very smart. I like to try to pull one over on him every now and then. That is one of the joys of being a parent. You can mess with your kids every now and then. Hey, they do their best to mess with us so sometimes a little payback is in order.

Brielle is still too young to pull little pranks on, but rest assured she will be messing with us in no time. She already has me wrapped around her little finger. Much like Jonah has his mom is wrapped around his entire hand...

Of course I say all this in jest. The kids are fun to play with, and we always try to give the most accurate answers to all of their questions. Jonah's are much more complex than Brielle's questions. He's pretty deep. Trying to word the answers in such a way that a 1st grader can understand it is a bit challenging of course.

As always, enjoy a cup of Calvin & Hobbes with some coffee...

No comments: