Friday, October 13, 2006

The Joys of Shopping Part 2

As I stated in The Joys of Shopping Part 1, shopping with children isn't all that enjoyable. Since they all have their own personalities, I'm pretty sure I didn't see that option on the order form, they make the experience just that... An Experience...

Since the oldest boy and the girl are of opposite opinions about shopping, they are like oil and water at this age.

The one saving grace is that the trip to and from the store is distracted with a DVD player in the SUV. Thank GOD for that!

Once at the store all bets are off. Sometimes they are great for a while, but eventually they are running around, poking one another or generally just whining about the fact that we are still shopping.

At times Holly and I are driven to the point of Seinfeld's Frank Costanza yelling "Serenity Now!"

There are certain points of shopping that are predictable. The kids love checking out the lobster tanks. The havethe occassional crabs as well. But our favorite store also sports a giant lobster. They vary in size much like anywhere else in the country but recently they've been putting one GIANT lobster in with the rest. This one is generall y between 8 and 10 pounds. To give you an idea of how big this is... Imagine what a normal sized lobster looks like in the tank. Now imagine a lobster with one clow being the size of a regular sized lobster...

Yeah.. I know... huge!

I love my family... We do have a lot of fun together, but shopping isn't one of our best times. To be honest, I don't mind shopping by myself in the least. I don't have to worry about any arguments about what cereal we are getting, whether or not the yogurt is the right flavor... It's somewhat peacful. I then feel for those families I pass with three children arguing down one aisle or another. The poor bastards....

No comments: